Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I wish I had started this while pregnant...

Just to have a record of how unappreciative I was of sleep. I thought it was hard then... It was, but a different kind of hard. This current kind redefines the word 'hard'. The last two days have been a little easier. He actually slept "through the night" for the first time last night. The quotes are due to the fact that "through the night" is defined by 4 or more hours in a row. That is not, however, how I would have defined through the night had you asked me a few months ago. He slept from 10:30 to 4:30, and I was actually okay with it. He is so smiley and happy in the mornings, that its kind of nice to spend some quality time with my babykins while he is NOT screaming or fussing. I think he has figured out that this is when he gets to have mommy, since I'm back at work now.

Work is going well. No one seems to mind that I occupy the package room to pump twice a day, so that's nice. Turns out I am a super size lactator (Just had an image of Crue nestling up to my breast and asking to super size his meal...), and can pump 5-6 ounces out of each side pretty much every time. Explains why I have such a chunk baby.

Speaking of his belly, he has a doctors appointment tomorrow morning to take a look at what we hope is an umbilical granuloma. I think if they have to treat it tomorrow I will go ahead and call in on Thursday.

And, as much as I appreciate my job now, I do NOT want to do this forever. I applied for FAFSA, just to see if I qualify, and I do! Looking at schools now, but it all depends on where we end up in February. Austins community college has a great Human Relations program. The classes actually look really fun, and I have all of the not so fun ones done already. We'll see... I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up. I was thinking of doing something in the 'certified dietitian' field, but I need to figure out what to do to achieve that. I think it would be awesome to work with diabetics and maybe even kids? Hey, maybe since I have my ECE cert I can combine the two?

Enough for now, Crue is makin' boobie faces :0

No comments:

Post a Comment